The CBM Forging and Fastener Sectors are back into the swing of their fortnightly sector meetings on Zoom.
The meetings are hosted by Forging Specialist, Derek Bond, and newly appointed CBM Fastener Specialist, Derek Barnes. Phil Matten provides a round up of regulatory and policy developments, and CBM President, Steve Morley, and Chief Executive, Geraldine Bolton, update members on CBM lobbying and liaison activity with Government and other major trade bodies.
Today’s meeting certainly covered some ground – just take a look at this quick summary:
- UK REACH developments and deadline extensions
- UK position on the EU SCIP obligation under the Waste Framework Directive
- UK position on CE Mark validity and the new UKCA Mark
- Insurers signed up to the Government’s Trade Credit Insurance support (a lobbying success for the CBM!)
- Report on webinar: Advances in 5G and WiFi to support IoT
- Updates from members on Covid 19 health & safety practices
- Funding and support opportunities from AMCASH & ATETA
- Other funding opportunities for manufacturers
- High Court judgement on Business Interruption Insurance
- Feedback from fastener member visits
- Stronger CBM representation on BSI fastener standards committee
Not bad for a one hour session and no need for anyone to leave their desk or battle the traffic. Slides and information from each meeting are always available in the Members’ area of this website. However, it really is worth investing an hour to attend the meeting – its concise, focused, highly informative and time-effective. Everything you would expect from the Voice of Metalforming – the CBM.
The next CBM Forging & Fastener Sector Meeting will be on Wednesday 30th September at 2pm. Members will receive an invitation as normal.