On 25 July the Home Office launched the EU Settlement Scheme: employer toolkit . The toolkit has been designed to help businesses support their UK based EU27 employees. The toolkit provides information on how EU27 citizens will be able to apply for “settled status” in the UK in preparation of the UK’s departure from the EU. A pilot of the new settlement scheme is starting on 28 August for a time limited period in the North-West of England with public sector EU27 employees and students with the intent to gradually open the scheme up to all EU27 citizens by the end of March 2019.
The toolkit contains:
- An introduction pack – for your HR colleagues
- A briefing pack – information on the settlement scheme for HR departments, leadership teams and EU27 employees
- Three leaflets – materials to raise awareness amongst your UK based, EU27 workforce
- Posters – providing key information and timelines
- Video – short explanation of the EU settlement scheme
All of this is information is available on the above link.
Please do share this information with your HR colleagues along with any of your UK based supply chain who may find this information of value.
To help you better understand both the employer toolkit and the EU settlement scheme we have organised a webinar with officials from the Home Office who will be able to provide you with an overview and take any questions you may have. This will take place on Tuesday 4 September 10:00 – 11:00. Please register here.