- In England, there will be a lockdown from Thursday 5 November 2020 requiring the closure of some businesses, including all non-essential retail and hospitality
- The Job Support Scheme, which was meant to start yesterday, will be postponed
- The Job Retention Scheme, which was meant to close on Saturday, will now be extended until December which means employees can continue on furlough.
- The extension allows both full and flexible furlough.
- Employers/employees do not need to have used furlough/been furloughed before to use it now
- Employees who started (and had been paid at least once) by 30 October can be furloughed
Further details can be found here