- UK applies Provisional Anti-Dumping Duty on aluminium extrusions from China
HMRC has issued a notice of a provisional anti-dumping duty on aluminium extrusions from China being introduced. Importers of these products will need to provide HMRC with a Bank guarantee while the provisional duty applies.
From the 28.05.2022, the following changes will take effect:
- A provisional tariff will apply to goods from China, falling within the commodity codes listed in the notice. The provisional tariff is to be covered by the guarantee and is not payable during the period of the provisional remedy.
- Duty rates between 9.5% and 22.35% will apply to imports from Chinese companies that have cooperated with the TRA investigation. These are listed in the notice.
- For all other Chinese exporters, a duty rate of 128.17% will apply. Importers of goods from the China must secure a bank guarantee equal to the estimated amount of provisional anti-dumping duty due on their imports.
- The guaranteed amount will only become payable if definitive measures are imposed.
- The TRA regularly update their public file with interim findings and case timelines. Interested parties can use this to gain a furthering understanding of the process.
For any queries on bank guarantees, please contact HMRC at firstname.lastname@example.org . For any queries on the aluminium extrusions trade remedy investigation, please contact the TRA at AD0012@traderemedies.gov.uk